Divorce from abroad – is it possible?

Divorce from abroad – is it possible? Do you live and work abroad and do not wish to return to Bulgaria to divorce by mutual consent? If this is also your case and you wish to settle the matter without traveling to Bulgaria at all, contact lawyer Slavyana Ilieva on phone 0895071410 or through the contact form on the website.

Preparation of the documents for divorce from abroad

After you have contacted lawyer Slavyana Ilieva, you will need to scan certain documents such as a civil marriage certificate, birth certificate of the child/children, notarial deeds for real estate acquired during the marriage, etc. The specific package of documents you need to scan will be specified during the correspondence with lawyer Ilieva.

Preparation of a power of attorney for divorce

After receiving the necessary information, lawyer Slavyana Ilieva will prepare a power of attorney, which will be sent to you by email. It is necessary to print the power of attorney and have it notarized at the Bulgarian embassy or consulate in the country where you live and work. Once this is done, this notarized power of attorney must be mailed by your preferred courier to Attorney Ilieva. Again, details will be worked out by phone or email.

Filing for divorce

After preparing all the necessary documents for a divorce from abroad, lawyer Slavyana Ilieva will submit them to a district court. Within one month from the submission of the documents, the first open court hearing in the case will be scheduled. If there are no additional requirements on the part of the judge in the case, it can proceed with only one open court session, after which the court will make a decision in due time. The time limit for ruling is one month from the last open s.z. Under favorable circumstances, your foreign divorce will take about three months.

For a divorce from abroad, contact lawyer Slavyana Ilieva on phone 0895071410 or through the contact form on the website.